Kinsa, Inc. Website and Mobile App
This policy was last updated: December 19, 2019
Website and Application Privacy Notice
We are committed to maintaining the privacy of your information. All information obtained and maintained by Kinsa is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations governing the security and confidentiality of such information. Please be aware that if you are submitting information on behalf of your minor child, we will disclose it for purposes of your use in a manner compliant with applicable state laws.
Kinsa allows you to record information about your symptoms and common illnesses. Once you have transferred this information to your account through our Site or Application, the use and disclosure of this information is governed by applicable state and federal regulations.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to securely maintain and protect any information provided to Kinsa through our Site or Application.
Additionally, we pride our Site and Application on our Privacy Principles. Click here to read more.
Information We Collect
In operating our Site and Application, we may collect and process the following information about you
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Site or Application (for example, to contact us, you must provide your name and e-mail address).
iii. Information about your common illnesses provided to us when you utilize the Kinsa Smart Thermometer, any of Kinsa’s applications (available through the Apple iTunes Store or Google Play) or enter information relating to your temperature, symptoms, diagnosis, time of incidence of the illness or symptoms, or treatment seeking behavior into our Site or Application. We may also collect information regarding the relationships you have with people and/or locations.
- Personal information such as e-mail address, birthdate, gender, username or device ID, and password if you sign up to use our Site or our Application.
- Personal information such as birthdate, gender, or profile name if you create a user profile within the Application or Site.
- Geolocation information if you permit our Application to access this information through your device.
vii. Information you provide to us if you sign up to be part of a group on our Site or Application, such as your child’s school.
viii. Information you provide when you post messages through your account via our Site or Application.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Personal information is de-identified before it is sent to or shared with other users through our Application. However, if you would like to share your or your child’s information with someone you know, such as your child’s babysitter or your spouse, you will have the opportunity to sign up for a feature that will identify your information to send it to the user chosen by you.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our Site and Application to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information to provide you with additional information relating to our Site or Application or to monitor and conduct an analysis of our Site and Application traffic and usage.
We also use and transfer personal information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail;
- to send you information regarding our relationship with you or regarding this Site or Application, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as marketing new products and services, data analysis, audits, developing new products or services, enhancing our Site or Application, improving our products and services, identifying Site or Application usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our Site or Application.
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, credit card processing, IT services, e-mail services, marketing services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- If you opt-in to receiving offers or communications from any of our third-party partners, we will share your name, email, and title (if applicable) with such third-party partner so they may provide you with such offers or communications. We will only share your information with the specific third-party partner(s) you have opted-in for. We may use this opt-in process with our FLUencyTM school program, in which Kinsa thermometers and software are provided free of charge to participants (which include parents, school nurses and teachers) in an effort to reduce illness levels in school communities. When you register as part of FLUencyTM you may be given an opportunity to receive certain offers and communications from the sponsoring organization helping us provide this program to the participants free of charge.
- when we otherwise have your consent.
We also merge other sources and other anonymous and aggregate demographic data with data we collect from you to derive mathematically modelled aggregate data, which is used to get a real-time understanding of and predict the prevalence of the spread of illnesses within a specific geographic area. In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form (such as anonymized, masked or de-identified information) for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Additional Reasons for Disclosure:
We may use or share de-identified user information in support of:
Research – To promote and support research in the field of health and wellness.
Program evaluation – To measure that Kinsa driven programs are successful in creating positive health outcomes for the general public.
A “cookie” is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us and our affiliates to improve our Site and Application. They ensure that the content from our Site and Application is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Site or Application.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site or through our Application.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site or through our Application, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
We are committed to ensuring your information is safe with Kinsa. For issues, concerns, or questions please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a researcher and believe you’ve discovered a security-related vulnerability or issue in our systems, we would appreciate your help in disclosing the issue responsibly. To report a security incident, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Disclosing Your Information
Links to Third Party Websites and Applications
Some links furnished on our Site or Application may allow you to leave our Site or Application. These third party websites and applications are not under our control and we disclaim any responsibility for the contents of such linked website(s), any link(s) contained in any such linked website(s), or any changes or updates to any of these websites. We further disclaim any responsibility for any form of transmission received from any linked third party website, application or advertising. We provide these links to you as a convenience to you and inclusion of any link herein shall in no way be construed as an endorsement by us of the website(s) or application(s).
Users Only of 16 Years or Older
Our Site and Application are designed and intended for those who have reached 16 years of age. By using our Site or Application, you affirm that you are at least 16 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 16 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site or Application. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 16 use our Site or Application individually. Parents or legal guardians of children under 16 cannot agree to these Terms on their behalf to use the Site or Application for their child to use the Site or Application individually. Parents may use the Site and Application to share their child’s information, but a child under the age of 16 may not use the Site or Application themselves.
Compliance with Local Law
By mail: 535 Mission St, 18th Floor
Attention: Kinsa Inc
By email: KinsaHealth.com/ContactUs
By phone: 917-426-3860 (Monday to Friday, 8 am – 5 pm PT)